The United Methodist Church

Huntington-Cold Spring Harbor

Our Mission

We are a community open to, and enthusiastic about, increasing knowledge and enhancing understanding of Biblical faith, Christian heritage, Methodist heritage and other religious beliefs.


We are a community committed to sharing our spiritual and financial resources, as well as our time and our talents, with individuals locally, nationally and globally.


We are a community actively involved in experiences and service, individually and collectively, that strengthen faith in God. We are a community dedicated to serving people of all ages.

Jane Doe - Another Company, LLC

Our Devotions

Worship Services

Sanctuary

Wesley Study

Wesley Room

Prayer 

Sanctuary

Nurturing Children

Church School

Music Ministry

Parlor & Sanctuary

Our Staff

Servant Leaders

Pastor 
Steve Kim

Pastor

Bill
Kroupa

Music Director

Rocca Nardine

Administrative Assistant

Dottie
Del Gaudio

Nursery School 
Co-Director

Sue
Neri

Nursery School 
Co-Director

Our Leadership

Servant Leaders

Bill
Rhinehart

Church Council

Charles
Roth

Board of Trustees

Melinda
McCormack

Staff-Parish Relations

Susan Dewey-Hammer

Finance

Bernice McCarroll

Sunday School

Our Story

We've loved every minute of our journey

Methodists

Methodists have been a presence in Huntington since 1806, when Peter Hill formed the first Methodist Class here.  Meetings were held in homes until 1829, when the first worship service was held in the new church on Main Street.  This building (pictured at right) was simple in design, with no steeple or other adornments.


In 1837, the Methodists from Huntington Harbor, feeling it was too far to go to Main Street, built a lecture room on Park Avenue.  The basement was rented for use as a school.  In 1844, this building was sold to the Bethel African Methodist Episcopal Church which has used it ever since. 

   

Huntington

In 1863, the first Methodist Church on Main Street was partially torn down and a new church built (pictured at left). This building had a steeple and a bell.  In 1880, a weather vane was placed on the steeple.  The Long Islander said, "It is one of the most useful and showy in the village."  In the early 1900's, to meet the needs of a growing congregation,the building was again expanded. 

Cold Spring Harbor

In 1842, a Methodist Church was built on Main Street in Cold Spring Harbor.  Five years later, the Baptists in Cold Spring Harbor completed a chapel almost directly across the street.



In 1957, the Methodist and Baptist churches in Cold Spring Harbor, which for many years had served the needs of the community, cooperating well, decided that the expense of the two churches was not justified and voted to merge. 

On the Move

In the 1950's, the Methodists purchased property on West Neck Road and Tanyard Lane, the site of our present church building and moved North from Main street.  After years of cooperative service to the neighboring harbor communities, the Community Methodist Church in Cold Spring Harbor and the United Methodist Church of Huntington merged, forming the United Methodist Church Huntington-Cold Spring Harbor. Today we are one unified spirit moving forward in service to God and our communities.

Address

180 West Neck Road
Huntington, NY 11743

Contact

631.427.0326

Office Hours

Mon-Fri: 9:00am - 4pm
Sat: Closed
Sun: Worship @ 10:00am

Social

180 West Neck Road Huntington, NY 11743

Contact Us

Thank you for contacting us. We will get back to you as soon as possible. God bless!
Oops. An error occurred.
Click here to try again.